2021 Call for Proposals - FAQs
2021 Call for Proposals FAQ page will be regularly updated and complemented when new content comes available.
An EIT Knowledge and Innovation Community is a partnership that brings together partner organisations from the sectors and industries, including from business, education and research. They develop and offer a wide range of innovation and entrepreneurship activities across Europe: entrepreneurial education courses, business creation and acceleration services and innovation driven research projects. This results in:
- Training of a new generation of entrepreneurs
- Development of innovative products and services for the sectors and industries
- Creation of new companies and acceleration of existing ones
Through its Knowledge and Innovation Communities, the EIT strengthens cooperation among businesses (including SMEs), higher education institutions and research organisations. Partners form dynamic pan-European partnerships and create favourable environments for creative thought processes and innovations to flourish. Real sustainable products, services, entrepreneurs, creators, innovators, scientists, companies, revenue, profit and jobs are emerging from the EIT Community, right here in Europe – concrete results and impact from Europe’s, if not the world’s, largest innovation ecosystem.
The indicative timeline for the 2014 Call for KICs is:
- December 2013 after H2020 adoption: Publication of the Selection Criteria
- January 2014: Publication of the Framework of Guidance, the EIT Financial Regulation and the EIT Principles for financing, monitoring and evaluating KIC activities
- 14 February 2014: Launch of the 2014 Call for KICs
- 14 March 2014: Information Day in Budapest
- 10 September 2014: Closure of the 2014 Call for KICs
- December 2014: Designation of the two new KICs